Another scpresume alias with rsync
File copy over ssh is nice but it has no resume support. That can be a pain if dealing with big files and/or poor connectivity.
As a reminder to myself here is a shell alias I use :
alias scpresume='rsync -Pazhv -e ssh'
- -P is the same as –partial –progress, this enable progress indication and partially downloaded files transfer to be resumed
- -a activate archive mode to be recursive
- -z enable compression
- -h outputs human readable units
- -v add more verbosity, especially reassuring with poor connectivity
- ‘-e ssh’ is needed to use ssh as transport, you can change this to ‘-e “ssh -p XXXX”‘ if you need to change used port or any other ssh options